Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Christmas mani: snowflakes!


Hello lovelies! I seem to have picked up several new followers so welcome one and all :-) I hope you like what you see here.

Today I have a wintry mani to show you that I created for a guest post for Katherine Reed's blog Nail Art and the Sims. Katherine asked me for something Christmassy, and so I chose to do a snowflake mani. As you all know, I've been dying of jealousy with all the beautifully stamped snowflake manis around about at the moment, so this seemed like a good choice – even if it’s not totally original. Looking back, this isn't really a Christmas design (it’s more of a seasonal one), but hopefully my nail art efforts will make up for that haha.

As I had to write an entire post for Katherine, I thought I’d just show you the finished masterpiece ;-)

Snowflakes are finally MINE!!!

This is the most intricate nail art I’ve EVER done, so I’m really pleased with how it came out, even though I had super shaky hands when I did it (it’s an intermittent problem and was a real issue when I did the mani).

If you want to read my full write-up, head over to Katherine’s brilliant blog to see my post :-) In the write-up, I discuss my thought process for the design, as well as the polishes I used. I also show a couple more pictures of the finished mani (which really show off the incredible contrast in my gradient), as well as a pic of my work in progress (which is real pretty, if I do say so, myself!). Finally, I have a swatch of the blue shimmer that I used as a base coat – which is a real winner from Collection 2000!

I hope you enjoy reading my post and hope to see you here again soon :-)

Stay smiley!

– Skye x 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the teal blue base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) The better pics are in the guest post, but I didn't want to repeat myself and bore everyone! I couldn't stop staring at my gradient *.*

      Delete
  2. Nice guest post! Great snowflake manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, can you take off your captcha's please?

      Delete
    2. Hi KB! Welcome to the blog - I don't think I've seen you around before :) I'm glad you liked my mani. I'm a bit sad because this is the post with the least views in my entire baby blog - and it's definitely one of my fav manis EVER haha. I think people just had snowflake overdose this year, though mine are freehand, not stamped :)

      Oh - and thank you for letting me know that people are having to go through captcha to comment. I didn't set the blog up that way and I had no idea! Captcha is now gone :) Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)