Monday 3 June 2013

NOTW: Essence Stuck On You

Hello lovelies! I'm back!

Well: I have been gone for a long time. And for that I'm sorry :-( As you'll already know if you're a FB follower, I really hurt my wrist whilst I was away in Scotland, and I've been in a splint ever since and trying to catch up with my actual work (for my jobbie job!). My wrist has been very painful and I ended up having to go to hospital about it, but it's just a bad sprain and I have been resting it. I've got a few weeks' worth of posts prepared, so you'll keep seeing my splint disappear and reappear because they're all in a higgledy piggledy order. I have a few cool ideas for the blog, but it'll be a while before I'll be physically able to try them all out. I hope you'll bear with me whilst I get the blog back on track!

Finally, before I begin this post, I'd just like to say a big WELCOME to all of my new followers - especially those who clicked follow when literally nothing was happening here! Bless you, you must really like the look of my blog to follow when it's inactive *sheds tear* :-) Welcome one and all to the madness ;) 


With all that being said, let's get onto today's post :-) Today I have a particularly short post for you, since I've been SNOWED UNDER with work. As a result, this is just a simple swatch. I hope you don't mind! Let's take a look:

Look close for the silver shimmer!

This is Essence Stuck On You! This polish was originally part of the wishlist of a lovely lady who was going to swap the complete Fingerpaints flakies collection with me, but the swap fell through and so I was left with a whole bunch of random Essence polishes! SOY is a lovely navy blue polish with a very subtle silver shimmer which brightens it up a lot. The shimmer is extremely obvious in the bottle and I was concerned it would be too much, but it was just right on the nail ^^ Since I was really busy, I didn't get a chance to do any art on this mani - but actually I quite enjoyed the colour on its own, and it had a great wear time, so this was no problem. I normally go for much warmer colours (and rarely wear blues!), but I was in a cool blue mood and so the mani was sort of a novelty for me :-)


What sorts of colours do you reach for when you want something a bit different? Tell me in the comments!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)

- Skye x



2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! Loving the blue! I'm all into darker and vampy colors lately. Spring and summer colors just aren't doing it for me, so happy to see this! Missed you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Erica, thank you! I much prefer darker colours, myself. Or nudes. I'm in a nudey kind of stage at the moment; whenever I wear spring pastels I get irritable! I'm really touched by all the people saying they missed me :) <3 <3

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)