Monday 24 June 2013

NOTW: KBShimmer The Square

Hi my lovelies! Welcome back to where the magic happens ^^

Today I'd like to share a KBShimmer polish with you which is one of the most unique polishes in my collection. I recently acquired it from Debbie Crumpet in her blog sale, and I have to say, it's a real winner! Introducing KBShimmer The Square from the now-discontinued Clique Collection:

Direct sunlight... it glows!!!!

Indirect sunlight (ignore the splint...)
As the name suggests, this is a square glitter polish! The glitters (lavender, blue, green, gold and white) sit in a purple jelly base, and the formula is pretty good, although I did have to fish for larger squares. This could be down to the polish sitting unused for so long, or even the fact that I'm not used to glitter polish with such large glitters... or it could just be that this is one of Christy's older polishes, and so she was still tweaking her base formula so that glitters were plentiful and unsinkable :-) Either way, this didn't bother me too much; as a jelly, the polish builds really nicely, and I have a feeling that my poor technique has more than a little to do with it! Also worth mentioning - the square glitters stayed flat! Beautiful. My swatches unfortunately don't do this gorgeous polish justice, but you can find an even better swatch here at Crystal's Crazy Combos! Do check out her post because her photos really are something.

Finally, I'd like to show you the base colour for this mani, the stunning Catrice Heavy Metal-lilac:

That's right! Oooooh and ahhhhh :D
This is a really wonderful polish that was sent to me as a gift some months ago by the lovely Cristina, who has my polish tastes absolutely pegged! This is just one coat of the polish, which is a one-coater and also good for stamping :-) Heavy Metal-lilac is a really rich purple which truly glows from within. Even my guy pals like it! It actually changes in the light and is so multifaceted that I'm planning to give it a post all to itself - just as soon as I edit down the 100 or so photos I took when I wore it on its own! This is definite a favourite polish of mine and I'm thrilled to have it in my collection :-) Thank you, Cristina!


What's the most unusual polish in your collection? Let me know in the comments!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)

- Skye x



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca! It was so stunning and glowy IRL! ^^ xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I have The Square and have only worn it once. I need to wear it again. Great base too - I love purple so much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Essie! :) It really is a beautiful polish - my photos just don't do it justice. As for the base... *.* xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)