Monday 17 June 2013

NOTW: Lava berries!

Hello lovelies!

Today I have something awesome to show you - lavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa berries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Lookie:

*drool* So juicy!
Lavaaaaaaaa!
























You're looking at Fingerpaints Asylum - YES, that huge lemming of mine! - and all thanks to Debbie Crumpet! Just like Twisted, I picked this up in Debbie's blog sale, and actually hesitated to get it initially. I love the Fingerpaints flakies, but I had serious doubts about this one; just look at my labels cloud - barely any orange to be seen! However, all this changed when I got the polish home. As soon as I put it on my nails (two coats), I was in love! I think I may actually like this MORE than Twisted! YES, I said it: this is my favourite Fingerpaints flakie polish so far. Shock horror!

The polish is mostly comprised of orange and blue/indigo flakies, with golden/lime green flashes in the right light. The colours are truely hypnotic and a perfect match for my red Kiko. I actually think the lime green flashes really make this polish, and it's a shame that they're so fleeting - it made it hard to photograph them. I keep staring at my nails because they look so damn juicy. I think they look like lava berries ^^ I guess this just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a polish by its (in-the-bottle) colour, since I would have really missed out if I hadn't taken the plunge!

Finally, as always, let me show you the base colour for this mani, the irrepressible Kiko 238:

My perfect red!
I bought this polish about a year ago when I discovered Kiko at Westfields in London, and I absolutely love it! This polish is my perfect pillar box red - not too hot, not too cold - and it suits me right the way through the year. The formula is wonderful and the polish itself dries to a surprising shine, even without top coat! The only downside is perhaps its opacity; you're looking at three coats plus top coat, and in certain lights there's still VNL! It's frustrating but I love it sooooooo *bad Jack Skellington impression* Totally worth it! :-)


So: What's your classic go-to red? Or maybe you don't like reds? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading and 'til next time, curlettes :-)

- Skye x



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :D ^^ hehe - thank you so much for making it possible, Debbie :) :) xx

      Delete
  2. Asylum looks muy caliente over the red :) What, however, does pillbox red refer to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^

      As for 'pill box red', I've tried to look it up and can't find it... which made me wonder if it really exists or if I'm mixing things up. After a bit of digging I realise I meant to type 'pillar box red', which refers to the British standalone post box: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_box. Hope that helps and thank you for asking the question - it's good to keep a linguist on her toes! xx

      Delete
    2. Well, thanks for doing the footwork when I totally could have, myself... ;)

      Delete
    3. Ehehehe nahhhhh. I wondered as I typed it whether it was right but I sorta shrugged and carried on. I'm a professional linguist so I really should have checked - it's my job to do the legwork so you don't have to! Thank you for pointing it out (lesson learned :P)! :)

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)