Monday 10 June 2013

NOTW: Lemming killed - Fingerpaints Twisted!!!

Hello lovelies! How are you today?

I am VERY happy, because today I get to reveal to you that I finally own one of my greatest lemmings EVER - Fingerpaints Twisted!!!

Ever since I discovered flakies two years ago, I've been obsessed with tracking down my favourite ever flakies collection - the LE Fingerpaints flakies collection. Everyone knows that these polishes are like gold dust; sold only in the US, and only for a limited time, I couldn't have picked a more elusive collection to love. I almost nabbed the entire collection just a few months ago, but the nasty, nasty RM stole my preciouses :( Fortunately, this event had a silver lining: a couple of lovely ladies in the British swap groups on FB came to my aid and declared that they had BN Fingerpaints flakies just sat unused in their collections. As a result, I now own Twisted (and Asylum - post pending) courtesy of the lovely Debbie Crumpet. Thank you SO MUCH, Debbie, for making this polishaholic's dream come true ^^

Now let's take a look at some photos:

*.* Opalescent beauty...
No words...

Swatches of this polish are dime a dozen, but generally involve Twisted layered over deep, dark colours like navy/midnight blue and black. As such, I thought I'd try something a bit new and inventive and layer the polish over a nice green. The above swatches are 2-3 coats over Catrice Sold Out Forever - and the result just blew my mind! In some lights you could barely see the flakies, and in others you got this wonderful opalescent effect which just kept growing on me as the week went on - this mani rocked and y'all know it. My epic quest for Twisted? I regret *nothing*!

Finally, as always, I'd like to show you the beaaaaaautiful colour that I paired with Twisted. Just look at it:

Beyond gorgeousness!

Catrice Sold Out Forever is a gorgeous, delicate sage green which I've been eyeing in my stash box for a wee while now; I bought it last summer in Austria for a swap which fell through, and it's been calling to me ever since! Although the formula was just that tiny bit too thick (a common Catrice trait, I've noticed), self-levelling was great and wear time was excellent. What's more, it compliments my olive skin tone perfectly; I genuinely don't think I could have selected a better muted green for myself (my photos are slightly off - the colour was slightly deeper IRL)! I actually don't own many green polishes, and have been considering branching out to find good ones, but for now, this has definitely sated my appetite for green fingers.


To wrap up this week's post, I have not one, but TWO questions for you:
  1. What's your favourite green polish?
  2. What do you like to layer with your flakies?
Let me know in the comments :D


'Til next time, curlettes :)

- Skye x


7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I have never heard of it and it's crazy that it was your #1 lemming! LOL. But I can see why :) I think my favorite green right now is Zoya Josie...but that changes often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Essie! Twisted was released a few years ago in the US and I've been desperate to own it ever since I discovered it. Google the swatches - I dare you!!! Josie is such a pretty colour! Too bad Zoyas are so hard to get in the UK :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh you got Asylum! That's the red and blue one, isn't it? Well, congrats on recouping some of the losses. Twisted is gorgie, too. My favorite green... I'm wearing Zoya Rikki right now and really enjoying it. Revlon Posh is also very cool. I have but one flakie and it's fun to layer it over all sorts of stuff just to see, but my fave flakie look is over a clear base with white tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and yes it is! Thank you so much :) Rikki looks super shiny! I will definitely have to try a flakie French at some point ;) :) xx

      Delete
  3. GREEN! <3
    I love green. It's hard to choose which is my favourite, but at the moment I am thinking of the two most recent greens I swatched and those are Bourjois "Green Fizz" and Catrice "Hugo Moss". Even though the formula of the latter is not great (opacity requires 3 coats!?), it is beautiful and super classy. And of course the name is brilliant ;)
    Flakies.. I like them over dark colours and sometimes I like to build them up to a gradient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW your mani is fantastic. I must try this. :)

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you <3 <3 :D I always find Catrice to have a horrific formula, but the colours are gorgeous! As for flakies... *.* lol. Thank you for reading! :) xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)