Thursday 27 June 2013

WAUF... Amber Did It?

Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Amber from Amber Did It! Let’s get down to business :-)


Name: Amber 

Blog: Amber Did It

Since: June 2011

GFC followers (at time of writing)803

Signature bloggism: I really don't know that I have or do anything that necessarily sets me apart. 

Fav brand: OPI and China Glaze.

Fav colour: Blues and teals.

Fav nail art technique: Free hand nail art is what makes me happiest to do. I love, love, love doing gradients though. 

Fav blog: I have a ton of favs: Chalkboard Nails, SonomaNail Art, Tips and Topcoat, Dressed Up Nails, Finger Painted, Kelsie's NailFiles and tons, tons more.

Would still like to try: I am dying to try the water marble tutorial by cutepolish that looks just like OPI Spotted.

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: Anything?! I kind of wish I would have named my blog something different. 

When not painting my nails you’ll find me… : My family always comes first, so I'm usually always doing something with my kids or husband. I like watching movies and reading. I like playing on our Wii; I can kick some major butt in Mario Kart haha!



"It's a few months old, but it's definitely my favorite I've ever done."

Why I follow her: Quite simply, Amber's art is amazing. Truly. I don't even need to write an entire paragraph about her - the mani above should be all it takes to convince you! She's tried almost everything in the book, and she's good at it all. She's the blogger who'll have you crying with frustration because you can't ever hope to replicate her awesome, and then weeping with joy because she does such cool stuff! Hers was one of the first nail art blogs I discovered after Nail Art 101 and I've not missed a blog post since. Great stuff all round.


So tell me... why aren't you following Amber Did It?!


How to follow Amber:


Blog
http://www.amberdidit.com/
FBhttps://www.facebook.com/AmberDidit2
Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/amber_dunson/
Tumblrhttp://amberdidit.tumblr.com/
Twitter@Ambershmamber
Youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/ambershmamber81 

Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to learn a little more about you:) You are so talented! and I'm pretty good at Mario Kart too! My husband gets so mad. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is SUPER talented! And LOL at all the mad husbands and bfs re. Mario Kart :D xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)