Thursday 6 June 2013

WAUF... i Heart Pretty Polish?



Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after a month-long hiatus, WAUF is back! Please forgive my absence. Check out Monday's NOTW post for more info on that. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Essie from i Heart Pretty Polish! Let’s get down to business :-)


NameEssie Rae


SinceMarch 3, 2012

GFC followers (at time of writing): 1154

Signature bloggism
Sweater/Jumper Shot (did I get it right ????) (oooooh yes, you did!)

Fav brandO.P.I. (Best, most consistent formula) - Butter London Close 2nd.

Fav colourHardest Question Ever!  1. Butter London Victoriana, 2. NARS Storm Bird... right now...this could change tomorrow.

Fav nail art technique
: On me - if you call an accent nail "art" then that would be my favorite. On others - water marbling.


Fav blogScrangie has always been my hero because I discovered her first and she inspired me to start a nail blog. Now it would be Chalkboard Nails - WOWZERS!

Would still like to tryWater marbling, but I'm too scared!

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: I'm pretty quiet and shy in real life. My day job is Human Resources (for 14 years) and I still get freaked out when I have orientation for new staff. I am known as the "listener/counselor" among my friends. I know everything about everyone else and they know nothing about me :-\ (but we love you anyway, Essie!)

When not painting my nails you’ll find me... : Watching reality TV, going to movies (by myself), spending time with my husband and two daughters, working out and running.



Why I follow her: Essie doesn't really do nail art, although you may find the odd decal/nail wrap on her blog. What she really excels at is beautiful swatches, perfectly filed nails and amazing jumper shots (she is the Sarah Lund of the nail world!)! I love her blog for being short and sweet and yet being able to convey everything you need to know about the polishes concerned. I also find that she tends to wear quite unusual brands sometimes (at least compared with the other blogs I read), and this is always good fun. Essie also offers more than just nails and jumpers! She also decorates awesome cakes, and you can check them all out here on her blog. Finally, Essie, herself, is just a lovely lady and for that reason alone, you should check her out :-)


So tell me... why aren't you following i Heart Pretty Polish?!


How to follow Essie:

Twitter@EssieRae1

Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca! Were you the one wanting a sponge comparison post? I haven't forgotten! ;) xx

      Delete
    2. Ehehehe ;) I am hoping to do a comparison post soon about it. Still trying to think of the best way to show the difference :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words...I am blushing:) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Essie - I mean every single one! :) *hug* xx

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Skye! And I honestly meant to say that on your last post :/ I've been waiting for the Essie interview an I couldn't agree more, she's a true class act and such an asset to the polish community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl! :) :) I'm glad you liked the post - I love Essie's blog :) xx

      Delete
  4. Essie's was the first blog I followed, and she's like my personal Corn Flakes: the original and the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie is wonderful :) I'm sure she'll be real touched to read that, too! Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Melissa:) You are my personal Frosted Flakes....You're Grrrrreeat! hehe.

      Delete
  5. I love Essie!! Her blog is one of the first I discovered last year when I jumped on the nail polish/blog bandwagon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?! Simple and elegant and fun :) xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)