Thursday 13 June 2013

WAUF... Lacquered Lover?



Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Carly from Lacquered Lover! Let’s get down to business :-)


Name: Carly Herbst


SinceMay 2011

GFC followers (at time of writing): 3,208

Signature bloggismI think the "Carly" manicure would definitely be my signature! I love doing my swap manicures with my pictures showing both hands! However that’s more what I do for my NOTD and put across my social media! On my blog itself, I don’t think I have a signature!

Fav brandThat’s such a tough question for me! Deborah Lippmann was the first “high end” nail polish I ever bought and my collection of hers is near 70! I’m a huge Chanel fan and think their formula is just perfect. I’m also a big collector of Zoya, Illamasqua and Butter London!

Fav colourYou know, I don’t have a favorite nail polish color! However my go to shade is definitely blue! I probably have more blue nail polish than any other color! But, the ONLY nail polish I have ever had to buy a second bottle of is OPI I’m Not Really a Waitress. It’s all I wore for a few years when I was in college!

Fav nail art technique
I love doing the saran wrap manicure! I get to use multiple polishes (which helps when your collection is as big as mine) and I love how every nail looks like a work of art! It’s also really simple nail art which is great for someone like me who isn’t the most skilled at detail work!


Fav blogI have a lot of fellow bloggers that I admire and look up to. At the moment, my biggest obsession is probably The Polishaholic! Her swatches are amazing and I love how honest she is! I sometimes even check her blog to see if my pictures look color accurate!

Would still like to tryI have never been able to successfully do a splatter manicure! I want 2013 to be the year I can finally master it! I just love how the final effect looks but for some reason can’t quite recreate it!

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: Fun fact about my blog is that I take my pictures upside down! Since I take pictures of my right hand when I swatch, I have to hold my camera upside down in order to be able to reach the shutter button! So the first thing I do when I upload my pictures to my computer is rotate them all 180 degrees!

When not painting my nails you’ll find me... : Somewhere in NYC! I love living in this city and exploring it with my friends whenever I can! Whether it’s a fun restaurant, a concert, a show at a museum, partying with Drag Queens, wandering in the park or discovering a new neighborhood, I love to be out in this wonderful city whenever I can!



Why I follow her: Carly is such a colourful character! She's a beautiful young lady who gives us all kinds of fun updates on her crazy life in NYC, including cool hair and makeup stuff, her work itself (including office shots - beach day, anyone?!) and, of course, nails! And what wonderful nails she has too. Carly always has cool nail designs on her nails like the one above, and she's somehow able to do this awesome double bottle-shot which I could never cope with myself! She also gets to go to a lot of fashion shows like New York Fashion Week (which was cool for me, since I translated materials for that - go me!) and is besties with Deborah Lippman :-) 


So tell me... why aren't you following Lacquered Lover?!


How to follow Carly:

Twitter@lacqueredlover

Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)