Monday 22 July 2013

NOTW: Barry goes tribal

Hello, my lovelies! How's it going?

Today I bring you a relatively short and sweet post - my latest foray into the world of tribal manis and my first ever skittle mani! The last time I tried this, it went horribly wrong, so I ended up doing something else altogether... but this time, armed with my new silver Barry M nail art pen, I was in a position to create something beautiful! Let's take a look at what I came up with: 


Tribal mani!!!

:-) :-) *pride* Here's some close-ups of the designs:

Thumb shot
*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I did it!!!!!!!!*

Isn't it awesome!? Now, I'm not a very creative person, so I totally ripped off paid homage to Debbie Crumpet on this one, whose patterns I all but reproduced line for line (bar the odd few dots here and there). Check out her AMAZEBALLS tribal post here and you'll see what I mean! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I hope that she's flattered (and not horrified by my attempt to art) - I take absolutely no credit for this creation at all :-) 

Finally, as always, let me show you the beautiful base colour for this mani - Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Prickly Pear: 



This is actually the second time I've worn this polish, but the first time was when I went to Scotland for my little holiday and I forgot to get a pic amid all the packing and travelling. This may be one of my fav new polishes. After loving Barry M's Pomegranate Gelly, I knew I had to try some more in the future, and when I saw this in store I fell in love! I'd describe the colour as both a warm blue and a cool lilac all in one - the colour is absolutely unique in my collection and has a wicked natural shine, even without a TC. It's delicate and will probably suit absolutely everyone, so go buy it immediately! You need this polish in your collections.


And so my Barry M nail art pen adventure continues! What else should I draw? Hit me up in the comments!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)


- Skye x



5 comments:

  1. Love this! It's sassy without being over the top in your face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was sorta going for a more subtle effect because I'm in love with the base colour and black would have overpowered it :) xx

      Delete
  2. you are so funny! and this is such a classy version xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, Debbie :D ^^ Coming from you that means an awful lot! I'm glad you like my MSMD! :D xx

      Delete
  3. With BullionVault you are able to purchase physical precious metals by the gram at current exchange exchange rates.

    Your gold and silver may be stored in one of 5 secure global vaults. And you may sell it online or take out physical bars.

    ReplyDelete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)