Thursday 8 August 2013

WAUF... Nails by Kayla Shevonne?

Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, after skipping last week for sheer busyness, I speak to Kayla from Nails by Kayla Shevonne! Let’s get down to business :-)


Name: Kayla Shevonne

Blog
: Nails by Kayla Shevonne

SinceJune 2010

GFC followers (at time of writing): 4,985

Signature bloggismHmm this is a tough one! I don’t think I necessarily have a signature bloggism, but I do think that anything to do with peacock feathers has become relatable to both me, and subsequently, my blog.

Fav brandAnother tough question! If I absolutely HAD to pick one brand, it would be China Glaze. But I also love OPI, Zoya, Orly and Illamasqua, just to name a few.

Fav colourTurquoise (mine too!).

Fav nail art technique
Freehand.


Fav blogWho do you admire? All of these questions are so hard! Hahaha. You’d probably assume that I would pick a nail art blog for this question, but I’m instead going to go with a primarily swatching blog – The Polishaholic. Honestly, I think it’s obvious that Jen works really hard at her site, she almost always has swatches out before anyone else and her photos are awesome. Plus, something that’s important to me is that I see her personality come through each of her posts. Some sites tend to have a more strict, professional vibe, but I prefer ones where I can relate to the personality of the author.

Would still like to tryIn terms of a polish brand, I’m dying to try both butter LONDON and ManGlaze.
One fact we may not know about you/your blog: They haven’t found the bodies yet…
LOL I’m kidding. One thing you may not know about me (although hopefully now you do know) is that I’m a joker. I love to laugh and love to make others laugh.

When not painting my nails you’ll find me... : When not painting my nails you’ll find me: Blogging, editing pictures, trying to find better ways to organize my nail room and of course, spending time with my lovely fiancée David. I also have a list of television shows that I watch every week and I can sometimes be found playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on XBOX.




Why I follow her: Kayla is AWESOME at nail art. Just look at the mani she chose for this post. It's epic. She also loves turquoise and purple, and she likes peacock feathers. I do too, so she's a natural point of convergence for all my favourite things in the nail world! I love how creative she is and think she pretty much has everything down pat. I'd be surprised if you weren't following her, she's such a nailverse celebrity but if not...


So tell me... why aren't you following Nails by Kayla Shevonne?!


How to follow Kayla:


Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! This 'episode' was the last of the second series, but WAUF will be back in a month or two with more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

2 comments:

  1. I am following Kayla, but I think this series is a great idea and I enjoyed finding out more about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there and thanks for visiting my blog; I think you're new :) I'm glad you liked this series. If you're hungry for more WAUF posts, series three will be starting in a month or so. Until then, you can satisfy your appetite for new bloggers by taking a look at my WAUF archive: http://curlypolish.blogspot.co.uk/p/wauf.html. Have a great day and come back soon! :) xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)