Monday 30 September 2013

NOTW: Razzle Dazzle Black Cherries

Hello dearies! I hope you're all well this week :-)

I have yet another lovely mani for you today! It had been a while since I'd done a reverse gradient, so I reached for a nice jelly glitter and set to work: 

Black cherries dazzle my digits *.* - oh the alliteration!

This was such an amazing mani in real life; the photo just doesn't do it justice! Unfortunately, I had a bad case of the shakes that day, so the pic is a bit out of focus... but isn't it pretty!? I wasn't sure if the hot pink KBShimmer It's Razz-ical would 'pop' over the dark base, but it really did; it's surprisingly pigmented for a jelly! I didn't use a sponge for this mani; I simply applied the jelly carefully with the polish bottle brush. This is a great technique for when you're pushed for time; it will look horrendous before you tc your digits because of the multiple layers of polish, but you'll end up with a lovely fade. I managed this better on some fingers than others (cf. ring finger), but I still adored this mani; I was truly sad to take it off!

What, then, is the base colour for this lovely mani? You're looking at Rimmel Black Cherries, and you've already seen it on this post here. Let's take another look: 

Expand to check out that beautiful, beautiful shimmer ;-)

First of all, let's take a moment to appreciate that GOSH haven't my photos improved over the past year?! It's hard to believe I've almost hit my one-year anniversary! This is a gorgeous, rich polish true to its name, a vampy deep purple with a hidden red/brown shimmer. I once declared Black Cherries to be my favourite polish ever. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it remains a firm favourite which I reach for time and time again, especially when I do nail art. The formula isn't perfect but the colour just makes me smile.


What do you think of today's mani? Isn't it fun when an idea really comes together! For the past year, I've been trying to track down dupes for Black Cherries, since I love the colour but I'm not so keen on the formula. Unfortunately, I've not come up trumps. If you know of any polishes that might fit the bill, please do let me know in the comments!

Otherwise, 'til next time, curlettes ;-)

- Skye x



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ahhh you're so sneaky! I didn't mean to publish this yet hahahaha. I'm terrible at numbers and got the dates totally wrong :D :P Come back tomorrow teehee ^^

      Delete
  2. Black Cherry is gorgeous! The KBShimmer with it makes me want chocolate and strawberries...yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just?! I have FOUR bottles of this polish. My polish world would end if I couldn't get that colour anymore :D And it DOES look like chocolate and strawberries ^^ I hadn't noticed. Now I want black forest gateau *yum* :) Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  3. love kbshimmer so much - lovely mani hun! Hope you don't mind but I've nominated you for a liebster award, there's a post on my blog www.boredatthenailbar.blogspot.co.uk that explains it all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping over and for the compliments ^^ KBShimmer is my favouritest ever brand xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)